1. A representative over 18 years of age needs to be on site the days we visit your home prepared to answer any questions that arise. We will follow these instructions.
2. Most of the time, we can measure over old counter tops. If we cannot, we will make necessary arrangements to return at no extra cost, usually within one week.
3. All cabinets must be permanently installed and level. If any changes are needed once we measure, we must come back to your home and re-template (this is a chargeable service).
4. All sinks (if customer supplied), cooktop, stove, faucets and dishwasher need to be on site when we template
5. Plumbing should be reviewed to afford accommodation of deeper sinks (9 inches or over).
1. Make a template of what your new counter top will be based on your design criteria.
2. Advise you of supports required for any overhangs. These are your responsibility to install.
3. Review possible seam locations, final determination of which will be based on slab utilization and handling requirements. We will notify you of any changes in seam location.
4. Advise you of any noticeable out of level conditions and any other suggestions he may have.
5. Review heights of splashes to cover existing paint lines and return trips needed for certain conditions.
6. Ask you to sign some documentation affirming your choices.
1. Advise your dealer or store of any price changes based on the actual field measure.
2. Once we receive a final purchase order, submit your order for fabrication. It is important we receive proper documentation promptly as delays can result in the project. 3. Notify you a few days before your order is ready to schedule an install day. Most installs require only one day unless a return trip is needed for us to complete high splashes or punch list items.
1. Disconnect plumbing and remove your old counter tops (if we are contracted for this service).
2. Install your new counter top. If any additional conditions of out of level are discovered, we will shim the new counters with your permission or return at a later date. This may require installation of molding to hide any gaps. Molding is the customer’s responsibility to install.
3. Clean up the work area. If slight sheetrock damage may occur during the install, our installer shall provide the first coat of spackle to repair.
1. The waste line protruding from wall should be about 16” from cabinet floor for proper draining of today’s deeper sinks.
2. The customer's plumber must check the dishwasher for leaks as we adjust it to fit your new counter top and leaks in old pipes may occur. This can only be checked when the water is turned on.
3. Top Line Company assumes no responsibility for any plumbing issues whatsoever as we are not licensed in any state to perform plumbing services. This is the customer's responsibility to check.
Copyright © 2022 Top Line Company - All Rights Reserved.